An ounce of prevention
is worth a pound of cure."
Although we cannot 'prevent' an electrical storm, we CAN prevent the fallout of one from hampering our ability to function.
As Mother Nature's hot and cold air clash above, storms can pop up seemingly without warning. Whether you are on a road trip or simply hanging out around the house, know that you've made the necessary preparations should an electrical storm interrupt your day!
Having a Storm Safety Kit is essential in the event of a power outage.
- Food and drinking water
- Pillows, blankets and clothing
- Basic first aid supplies, prescriptions and toiletries
- Flashlights, batteries, and battery-operated clock, radio and phone
- Cash and credit card information
- Baby and pet supplies, along with games, toys and books
- Important identification, home and vehicle insurance documents
Keep this kit in a cool dry place and make certain that all family members know where to access it.
Take a moment and click the link below which offers the basic information and recommendations, before a storm strikes:
This information provided by NOAAPosted by Brandon Vasquez on